The update

The update

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Week of June 21, 2009

Sunday: Happy Father's Day! It is so hard to choose one photo for such a wonderful day, but I chose this one that Allen snapped as the kids and I were walking through the blueberry fields. We started early and showed the kids how to pick blueberries, then we spent about two hours filling our tummies and baskets with the delicious berries. After lunch, Allen and the kids napped, then we all splashed in the pool, having fun together. When the splashing got old, we chalked on the porch and ended up painting each others' faces. Allen and I finished a game of Empire Builder after the kids were in bed, and it turned out to be one of my favorite days of all time. 6/21
Monday: After the whirlwind of last week, I decided we needed a few lazy days. It was so disorganized that the kids were outside and muddy before I realized they were in pajamas with no pants. Sometimes we just need to regroup with days of pjs and playing, but I did get all the laundry caught up, so I felt like something got accomplished. Tonight Allen and I will be foxtrotting again. 6/22
 Tuesday: Today is turning out to be quite like yesterday, but the kids were dressed. Each morning I go out to peek at the plants in the garden, and the basil is really taking off this week. Now, I need to find some more recipes that use it. I spent the day playing GeoTrax trains with the kids and gathering the clothes to pack for vacation. 6/23
Wednesday: Every Wednesday morning this truck makes sure I don't sleep in. Even when it's dark out and I'm not ready to get up, the truck wakes the kids up, then they get excited about watching it, and they come wake me up. Since it's summer, I'd been up awhile when the garbage guys came around.

Thursday: Oops -- I'm waiting on the photo for this one. We travelled all day, or so it seemed. The drive from Waco to Corpus Christi had us going the scenic route. We stopped for lunch at a great park, stopped for some letterboxes at a rest stop and at another park. We had gyros for dinner and we saw the sea.
Friday: Today we headed for the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi, then as the little ones slept in the car on the way back to the hotel, we caught a few more letterboxes. Dad had fun teaching the kids to feed sea-gulls, and I think Mom really enjoyed hunting for stamps. We took the kids to the beach in the afternoon, and the boys all seemed to love it. Tomorrow we will find out how Maddie really feels about it, but at least she enjoyed finding shells.
Saturday: Our last full day was spent at the beach, but that was the goal of this vacation. We went to Mustang Island State Park, and the kids played in the sand a lot. The waves were bigger that at the beach yesterday, so Maddie kept her distance. Jon was a little timid about them, but Ben and Will couldn't get enough. After dinner, we played in the hotel pool until the kids were worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment