The update

The update

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week of June 7, 2009

Sunday: Will is at Camp Grandparents this week. . . will it be an easy week? So far so good -- at least these three are mostly healthy again! Allen, Ben, Maddie, Jon, and I headed home, we got the kids in bed, and I lit my candle. Something about inhaling the scent of lavender calms me quickly, even if there are little toys all around. 6/7
Monday: I survived a new adventure -- I picked the dog up from the vet with the triplets "help," and I didn't even get stressed out! When I was ready to leave with Shadow, the kids insisted they were going to stay there to help. This photo of dirty little feet is turning out to be a typical part of the day. Our kids love to play outside barefooted. 6/8
Tuesday: This morning, I "lost" Jon and Maddie, but I found them in my bed. They had used the remote to turn on the TV and change the channel and they were enjoying CNN news and weather. I took apart and detailed my fridge this morning and there is only one piece I can't figure out. It doesn't seem too relevant, so I'll just be happy with a super clean appliance. I took the triplets and got my grocery shopping done without any trouble. I am on my way to pick some fresh Thai basil from my garden so we can have my favorite Thai chicken tonight. 6/9Wednesday: The triplets got into my bathroom and empied the cabinets and whatever inside them was empty-able (soap, toothpaste, towels and unmentionables) Advantage -- the soap was all over the floor with their clothes and blankies, so the floor got mopped (with the blankies) and all their lovies got put in the washing machine without a fight. Tonight we got hit with a very loud thunderstorm that woke up the little ones. Ben, Maddie, and Jon all needed some extra loving before I got to go to bed. 6/10
Thursday: I had high hopes for today, be now we are running two hours behind and the sun hasn't woken up yet. The weather radio kept me up all night, and the triplets were up during the worst part of the storm. Mama is very sleepy so we are making coffee and planning to stay home. On the positive side, my garden is blooming and they flowers liked the rain. Admist the chaos of today, I snapped a photo of the ever-present Tico perched on the couch watching the kids eat lunch. 6/11
Friday: Today, I figured out how to use the camera remote, and while I was experimenting, Jon and Maddie helped pose for the photo and push the button. I love the inperfection of this picture and chose it for today because it shows Jon's determination, Maddie's curiosity, and my love for my children. 6/12
Saturday: Today we met my parents in Arlington to get Will back. It was so gret to get a hug from him, and I loved that as soon as he saw me, his eyes lit up and he ran to my open arms. Loved it! We went to a camera shop to try out some camera bags and ended up getting a red backpack-style bag. On a whim, we called Chris & AnnaLisa Homan to see if they could meet us for lunch. The kids napped all the way home, and overall, it was a great day. 6/13

No comments:

Post a Comment