Sunday: It was an all-day travel day. We started early, went to the Aransas Wildlife Refuge, then headed "home" to Waco. The Refuge was hot and buggy -- after a few small stops, the triplets and I stayed in the car where the A/C was on and the mosquitoes were out. Allen, Will, and my parents hiked a few trails but I don't think the wildlife was interested in being hot, either. We did see several deer, lots of bids, and many more blood-suckers than I cared to count. The drive back was long, broken up by a few potty stops. We counted this vacation as a success -- we all had an awesome time! 6/28Monday: Today we headed home from Waco. It was wonderful to be home. And although it was nice to sleep in a little bit, I was anxious to get back to my own bed. Here are the flowers on our front door that meant we were home. 6/29Tuesday: I wish it wasn't so hard to get back to normal after a vacation. I did laundry and pulled some weeds from the garden. I decided to pull some carrots to see how big they were and was quite surprised. I couldn't belive how puny they were! It was comical, so I'm glad I didn't pull all of them. We'll try again in a few weeks. 6/30Wednesday: I am getting ready to repack all the clean clothes -- heading out again tomorrow for the 4th of July weekend with Allen's family. I am excited! I love the 4th of July!! Here is a picture of Shadow looking out the dining room window. 7/1 Thursday: We drove to Melissa this evening and somehow got SO lucky! We managed to need to exit at a closed exit. When we continued west, the exit we needed next was blocked by five miles of four lanes of unmoving cars. And to make things even more special, our little car had about a dozen loud kids in it (so it seemed.) I was glad to make it to the Kaisers' before midnight, and although it seemed MUCH longer, it only took about 30 minutes more than normal. Here is a picture of the "fireworks" the kids and I made this week. Supplies needed: Pipecleaners, glue, glitter, and more patience than we had. 7/2Friday: Today was just plain FUN! We had a few minutes to spare before we were to meet Jason and Jenn, and the kids were restless, so we went to hunt some nearly letterboxes. We ended the morning finding the two we set out to find, and in the process we introduced Randy and Shelley to our hobby, and let the kids explore a cemetery. The photo for the day is of our letterboxing gear. Then we went to the pool for swimming and a barbecue. With six adults to four kids, it still was exhausting, but we had a wonderful time together. The kids and I napped all afternoon, and it felt great -- why do I always sleep so well after spending time in chlorine and sunshine? That evening, Jason & Jenn, and Allen & I spent hours trying to decide what to do -- we ended up at Barnes & Noble, so I had a great time. 7/3Saturday: I woke up excited because I love Independence Day! We took our family photos before the kids could get messy, and we to the town parade. Randy, being on City Council, was in the parade, and he managed to get Will tucked in the convertible with him. Will was thrilled to be part of the parade, and he waved happily to the bystanders. The little kids, Allen, Shelley, Jason, Jenn and I sat on the sidewalk waving at the parade, collecting the goodies, and trying to stay cool. In the evening, we woke the little ones after bedtime to go see fireworks. Was it worth it to wake them? I think so -- they are still talking about "Pretty fireworks in da sky!" 7/4
No comments:
Post a Comment