The update

The update

Monday, July 27, 2009

Week of July 19, 2009

Sunday: Wow! Will is napping. I asked Allen if he'd mind running to the grocery store and he said, "Sure!" Then my hero hubby buckled all three two-year olds into their seats and took them with him. After the storms cleared, I took some outside pictures; this one really shows the day -- half stormy, half sunny. 7/19 Monday: I am glad to have the trio in mother's day out twice a month this fall -- two whole days to myself each month!! And I've signed two of them up for every Thursday so I can have some treasured one-on-one time with the third. . . . and it only took an hour of filling out forms today to make it all happen. It rained again today, but the garden loves the rain. I had a blast with Allen tonight at dance class. It's been a long time since I laughed so much -- can't wait to go next week to learn some more East Coast Swing! 7/20 Tuesday: It's raining, it's pouring. . . . the kids were cranky and sleepy, and so was I. There is something about thunder rolling on a dark, cloudy, wet day that makes me wish we could stay in bed all day. Unfortunately, the storms meant naptime was shortened for frightened children. When the rain cleared, I checked the garden, and snapped a picture of our bird-friend who must have a nearby nest. It is one of two birds that chirp at me everytime I'm in the garden. 7/21 Wednesday: The little ones were excited to watch dessert baking in the oven. Freshly-baked banana nut bread is one of the best smells -- and I can't even tell there are stinky butts in the house. Obviously there are because a whole box of wipes was used to clean two little bitty baby dolls. Other than two boxes of wipes being dumped, it was a happy day. 7/22Thursday: Children #5 & #6, Not-me and I-don't-know, respectively, have been replaced by "Joey". Who stinks? "Joey" Who made this mess? "Joey" Why aren't you sleeping? "Joey did it". Who dumped the wipes? "Joey" -- Joey is the cabbage-patch doll I got out today so the kids qould quit fighting over Maddie's dolls, and I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have given them the scape-goat. I finally caught a picture of our elusive feline, Pickles. She just isn't a fan of noise, so she hides until the kids are asleep. 7/23
Friday: I feel like I'm on the ball today. Laundry is all folded, dishes are clean, what's a girl to do to stay busy? Today's picture is of Ben's, Maddie's, and Jon's reward charts. Who knew that little stickers would make the potties more appealing than diapers? 7/24
Saturday: Today we went to the zoo as a family. It started out with the kids excited, but melt-downs started within the first hour. We got through the rest of the favorite animals and went out for lunch. The afternoon was lazy for all of us, and Allen and I were particularly exhausted after this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment