Sunday: Here is our BEFORE picture of the area that will be our garden. Today we rented a sod cutter and cut the area. Allen threw his back out moving the grass, so the project is on the back-burner until he is feeling better. Monday: Today the we read about Moses again, this time talking specifically about the Ten Commandments. The kids enjoyed the sticker sheets about that Bible story. Tonight Allen and I had our last Tango class for the month.
Tuesday: Today I was home with several sick kids. Yes, I'm a mom. My days and weeks are determined by the health of my babes. My house and yard are full of toys, unmatched socks, piles of shoes, used Kleenex, sippy cups, crumbs and sand; and my heart is full of joy. It was a tough day, but I'm still glad to be a Mama.
Wednesday: Another day of sick kids, so I missed MOPS this morning. It was a dreary day and the kids were cranky. On days like this, I pull out my pretty coffee mug, and keep a pot of fresh coffee going. Why does this caffeinated beverage make me feel better so quickly?
Thursday: This kids are feeling better and I was ready to get out of the house. Today was my day with Ben, and I took him to the pediatrician for his 2-year check-up. He weighed in at 25 pounds and was 35.5 inches tall. Next, we went to the Children's Park, which is a beautiful garden park dedicated to children. My nose was cold, but my heart warmed as I watched him take it all in. It was one of those moments that stopped time, and I realized how very, very blessed I am to have four healthy children. While I kept a close watch on Ben, my mind wandered in thankful conversation with God. We got cold, but I just wasn't ready to leave yet, so we climbed into the car and I just held Ben close while he told me stories I couldn't comprehend and held my cheeks in his little palms. We had lunch with Allen and then drove around the azalea trails; Ben watched the flowers, and I kept hoping he'd catch a few Z's before we had to get the other kids.Friday: We spent the morning inside coloring and reading books about gardens and spring. Jon got the bug that the other three have had; he had problems breathing so I started the breathing treatments again. It's been about a year since we've had to do any for him, and now he sits calmly with the mask over his face and holds the tube. The treatments helped a bunch and now he is on the mend. The afternoon was pretty enough that we all spent a lot of time outside. We traced each other onto the porch with colored chalks and got soaked playing with the water-table. I had everyone bathed and in PJs before Allen got home for dinner.
Saturday: Allen and I worked on getting the rest of the sod moved, then we went to Lowe's and Home Depot finalizing some plans for the yard. We all had a pleasant dinner out, then came home and got the kids in bed. Sunday, Allen mowed and vacuumed while I worked on the huge piles of laundry, paid bills, and worked on our taxes. In our spare time, we started playing with the new camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment