Tuesday: The kids enjoyed a pretty day playing in the yard. I was excited to catch Maddie pushing Jon in the Tonka truck since a year ago I caught an almost-identical picture. It is fascinating to compare the kids and see how much they've grown.
Wednesday: First, I took the kids to the elementary school and enrolled Will in kindergarten. While I enrolled Will for the fall, he sat on the couch in that office reading books to the little ones. We dropped off the little ones then Will and I had brunch at IHOP, where he held the door for several ladies, read the menu, and ordered for himself. Finally, we rounded out the special day with a trip to the theater to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. The events of the day compared to no other at making me feel like Will is growing up too fast.
Thurday: Today was Ben's day, but we spent most of the day at the doctor's office. We did get to have lunch with Allen and that cheered Ben up so much. He had been asking all day: Daddy? Daddy at work? Daddy at 'finery? See Daddy? Daddy hungry? Daddy lunch? Daddy work? So we made sure he got to see Daddy. Can you see the love?
Friday: I played is nurse today giving 7 breathing treatments, 4 doses of antibiotics, 4 doses of allergy meds, 4 doses of cough meds. The kids tried to help today . . .Jon washed dishes (gallon of distilled water poured into a cabinet of paper plates and napkins), Ben worked on the laundry (1/2 gallon dish of dog water dumped on floor with clothes), Maddie helped me load the washing machine with a full load of the towels it took to clean up after the other two. . . .looking for the silver lining, then Will brought me a pumpkin "Get Well" card.
Saturday: Randy and Shelley came for the weekend last night, and we all walked for March of Dimes this morning in the rain. It was such a nice way to spend time with other mothers-of-multiples friends and their families. Our team raised $3065 for an awesome charity and the kids enjoyed playing in the rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment