Sunday: Today was a laid-back Sunday -- just like we like them. Allen and I both enjoyed tinkering with the new camera while the kids napped then played. Allen took this photo of Will playing with the T-rex.
Monday: Same old thing -- laundry, laundry, laundry. As much as I hate dealing with it, I love the feeling of accomplishment when it is all clean, folded, and put away. . . . that lasts only minutes, though. Tonight, we started the waltz in dance class.
Tuesday: After we dropped Will off at preschool, I took Ben, Jon, and Maddie for haircuts. It went smoothly, and they were rewarded with lollipops -- can't you tell how exciting it is for them to have candy? Will got sick at school and we had to pick him up early. The afternoon was cuddle and read time for all.
Tuesday: After we dropped Will off at preschool, I took Ben, Jon, and Maddie for haircuts. It went smoothly, and they were rewarded with lollipops -- can't you tell how exciting it is for them to have candy? Will got sick at school and we had to pick him up early. The afternoon was cuddle and read time for all.
Wednesday: Today was Will's day, and the first part was spent at the doctor for his check-up. He is 43 inches tall and weighs 41 pounds. We also shopped for birdbaths and flowerpots, had lunch with Allen, and got Will's hair cut. After we picked up the little kids, I took all four to the zoo. I had the triplets on the backpack tethers, and Maddie kept wanting to sit or stall, while Jon was determined to run. Needless to say, I was quite sore from bring torn in multiple directions. Overall, it was a fun trip, but it was challenging for me without the wagon.
Thursday: Today was Jon's Day, and, again, we started at the pediatrician office. Jon is 34 inches and 24 pounds, and pretty healthy. For the time being, we need to keep up the nebulizer treatments to help him with his wheezing. Jon and I found some birdbaths for the garden, and he picked out the yellow daisies that now hang on the front door. We had a quick lunch with Allen and then spent a while in the tropical fish store just watching all the colorful fish.
Friday: Today is Good Friday, and good it was. Allen had the day off, and with the weather so pretty, we ran errands and worked on the yard. My parents arrived this evening to spend the weekend. This photo is typical of Ben and Maddie -- although they aren't supposed to have their blankets downstairs, they somehow got them past us and were snuggling on the couch. Ben lovingly refers to his fuzzy blue blanket as "Fwinket", and Maddie calls hers a "Baaaanket." I am still enamored by their sweet mispronunciations.
Saturday: Today the weather was cool, but pretty. We all spent the entire day outside. Dad and Allen worked hard on the garden: installing sprinklers, pulling up roots, tilling, and installing the fence. Mom and I helped some with the garden, but mostly stayed busy with the kids. After the kids napped, they got to hunt Easter Eggs in the backyard since Sunday was supposed to be stormy. The Easter Bunny provided a few treats (Teddy Grahams and fruit snacks) and lots of new undies (they fit well in the eggs). Later, we overheard Will on the phone with Nana saying, "Easter was really crazy this time. . . we all got underwear!" Before we knew it all the edibles were eaten, so I'm glad there wasn't lots of candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment