The update

The update

Monday, March 16, 2009

Week of Mar. 8, 2009

Sunday: The kids enjoyed helping Granddad pick up the "big grass" he cut from the garden. Then they took turns burying each other in the pile. Ben had a great grin here, but Maddie and Will enjoyed it more. Jon was happy to bury rather than be buried. Monday: Still in Waco. My parents' neighbor brought out some big wheels for the kids to ride. Jon was excited to get a turn to scoot -- his legs were a bit short to reach the pedals.
Tuesday: The one chance I had for a nap, and Mom announced that Dad found the bluebonnets. Now it is officially spring in Texas. I did get a few pictures of the kids, but they didn't want to sit still. Wednesday: The kids and I came home today to celebrate Allen's birthday. We practiced singing on the way home, and when they saw him, they were anxious to give him lots of love. On the way to dinner they did sing "Happy Birthday, Daddy!" many, many times. Thursday: It was another very cold and rainy day at home with the kiddos. I had dinner out with my girlfriends -- all of us have twins or triplets. I forgot to get the camera out earlier, so a few of them aren't in the picture. I always have such a great time with these ladies. Friday: Another lesson learned from Miss Maddie -- if you lick a piece of Dora cereal, it will stick to your earlobe and make you have princess ears, or vitamin-enriched star earrings. Since I rarely wear earrings, I am not sure where she got this crazy idea, but she sure was proud of herself.
Saturday: Where, oh where, did the day go? I slept in until 10, woke up for brunch, then crashed again from about 12:30-3pm. It's wither allergies or a long-lasting cold, and the sleep did me some good. I am so thankful for Allen who kept the house and kids on track. My to-do list didn't get much attention, but there's always tomorrow. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment