The update

The update

Friday, March 20, 2009

Week of Mar. 15, 2009

Sunday: Randy, Shelley, and Jason came for the day to celebrate Allen's birthday. We all had a big tasty lunch (Allen's chili) and Janie's Cakes pound cake (Yum!), then the guys went skeet shooting, while the babies napped, and Shelley and I visited. When the guys got back, the kids were awake and I think Uncle Jason had as much fun as the little ones playing with the trucks.
Monday: Will disappeared while the little ones and I played this morning. When he came back, he was so proud of himself for spelling with the stickers. His sign "Will 5 Mame 32" translates to "Will is 5, Mommy is 32."
Tuesday: Sadly I only have one more week of this Bible study I am enjoying so much. The triplets and I ate out with Allen for lunch. The afternoon, the kids played a lot, then we all went for an early evening walk around the neighborhood. The weather is beautiful. (L-R: Ben, Allen, Jon, Will)
Wednesday: Today we skipped MOPS and stayed home all day. This Mama is stressed over all the little things right now, and having a lazy morning made it a bit easier. When I walked Allen to the car to kiss him goodbye for the day, I was mesmerized by the bands of fog weaving through the trees in the neighborhood. I shot this photo from the front porch just before 8am. We took another evening walk when Allen got home. We have to get back in shape and train the kids on road safety before the March of Dimes. Thursday: Although it was Jon's day, I got more pictures of Maddie. She decided to find her own socks and shoes -- the socks would've been perfect for an 8 year-old they were so big, but she hiked them up to midthigh and put on her brown shoes. This is how she insisted on going out and I couldn't change her mind, so I just snapped the pictures. When we dropped off the other three kids, Jon didn't cry at all. He and I had a great day running errands (bank, clothing store, Lowe's, grocery store) and having a nice lunch together at Chick Fil-A.
Friday: The day started at the dentist for check-ups and cleanings for Allen, Will, and me. We took the other three to introduce them to the process and the tools. Maddie was afraid to do anything but cling to my shoulder and bury her face, but she was thrilled to get a Barbie sticker and a Princess toothbrush. Jon and Ben were happy to try out the "whee-seat", don the sunglasses, feel the tools and see "Mr. Water" and "Mr. Thirsty" in action. Will was proud to show them all how to sit calmly and let the hygenist clean his teeth.
Saturday: I let Allen snooze since he's been so exhausted the last few days, and when he woke up I went for a haircut. This afternoon was relaxing, yet loud, as the kids and Allen were jamming to Guitar Hero. The day ended with Allen and I leaving the kids with Christina so we could go out for dinner and dancing, and we had an awesome time!

No comments:

Post a Comment