Sunday: Randy, Shelley, and Grandma Ann came for lunch and a delicious (early) birthday cake. I cooked the Thai stirfry again. Randy and Allen cut up the downed tree from a storm last week. After they left, I worked on laundry, but otherwise, we relaxed. Photo is of the little boys saying "Madnie pretty!" to her as she wore her tutu.
Monday: The kids and I got back on track with the lessons. We repeated Joseph's stories about his coat and advising the Pharoah, we worked on letter E, and on counting.
Tuesday: Maddie sang "Happy bird-day to Mama!" all morning. I got some birthday phonecalls and email greetings, and opened some gifts. Allen and the kids got me a camera, but I haven't picked it out yet. Will threw toys at the wall and put a bunch of holes in the wall, and that made me blue. I never really got over that, and finished the night off tears of exhaustion.
Wednesday: Will and I dropped off the little ones at MDO and spent the morning scrapbooking then had lunch with Allen. Will ended up with a fever, and Maddie jumped into the bathtub in her pajamas.
Thursday: Will didn't go to school, but I did brop off Ben and Jon. Maddie, Will, and I met Grandma Ann and Barbara Wright and went to the daffodil gardens. They were beautiful! Maddie studied the flowers so seriously, but she enjoyed them, too. She later told Daddy she saw "Daffylions!" Grandma Ann came home with us and spent the night.
Friday: Grandma Ann read to and played with the kids while I tried to do laundry and pack. We went to Melissa for the weekend.
Saturday: Eleven tickets to see a morning showing of Sesame Street's Elmo's Green Thumb. Will, Ben, Jon, and Maddie loved the show; Grandma Ann, Nana, Uncle Jason, Aunt Jenn, Mama, and Daddy had a lot of fun watching the kids. Papa joined us all for lunch at On the Border -- what a happy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment