The update

The update

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week of May 3, 2009

Sunday: My photo of the day is of the Red River. When we moved to Kansas in 2001, we came to Texas to visit family whenever we could. Every time we drove across this river from Oklahoma into Texas, my heart settled and I felt like I was "home" as soon as I saw the Lone Star flag on the other side of the river. When I saw the "Welcome to Texas" sign this time, I felt the same way. Each time I cross this river, my mind starts singing "Red River, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style. . . " after a few minutes, I correct the words and hum Moon River the rest of the day. I picked up the kids from the Kaisers, and I finally made it home after putting 907.8 miles on the car this weekend.
Monday: We are trying to get back in our normal groove again, but it will take a few days. Allen is still working nights. This is what I often see in my chair, but at least, this week, the diapers are staying on. Now we just need to work on the posture. . . Tonight, I welcomed the sitter, kissed the kids goodbye, met Allen for tiramisu, spent an hour strolling the aisles of the grocery store, and now I'm home wishing Allen was here too.
Tuesday: I got out paints, paper, pans, and marbles for the kids get creative. I was crazy enough to take pictures while doing my best to keep the kids from redecorating the kitchen and living room. The end results were several beautiful (to a mama) one-of-a-kind creations we sent to their great- and great-great-grandmas for mother's day.
Wednesday: Today, I went to MOPS and it was fun to get pedicures at the spa. Then I came home with the kiddos and did my best to keep them quiet so Allen could rest. I was taking pictures of Ben having a tantrum, and the screaming woke Allen up. This little guy has been particularly cranky today, and I'm wondering if he is just tired or not feeling well. Here he is hiding behind the trash can screaming at the top of his lungs like he has been all day. I really wish I could figure out how to comfort him.
Thursday: I started off the day searching for Jon who went upstairs while I was getting shoes on the other kids. When I found him, he had wrapped the tape around himself and it was still attached, making him look like a snail and picking up everything he walked over. This afternoon, we got called to pick up Will from his preschool field trip because he fell and smacked his head on the concrete. Then I came home from that and had the privilege of calling poison control because Jon ate Desitin butt cream. I found out it isn't really toxic, but I'll have a mess when it comes out the other end tomorrow. I am so glad Allen was home to help with the afternoon chaos, but sadly, he had to work tonight.
Friday: The kids were playing in the living room when we saw Tico bat this "bad-guy" action figure off the couch. Maddie must have been feeling sad for the toy, because moments later, she was demanding Tico give him an apology and kiss. I'd love to know what the cat was thinking about this. . .
Saturday: Today was a glorious day and our early Mom's Day celebration. My mom and mom-in-law came for a Mother's Day brunch with my mothers of multiples group. We got all prettied up for the event and even remembered to get a picture. The food was superb and the company awesome. Allen and Dad stayed with the kids. Allen was still working that weekend, so we all had an early barbeque dinner then our parents went home, Allen went to work, and I came home with the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment