The update

The update

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week of Aug. 23, 2009

Sunday: We got home from Waco this afternoon and filled the fridge with enough groceries for a few days. I took Will to a neighborhood back-to-school scavenger hunt and we both had a great time. There is something a bit exciting about a few moms running as fast as possible to keep up with a handful of five-and six-year olds. In the end, Will's team won first place since they were the quickest. Some of the things we had to photograph included a blue crayon, a yellow fruit, a pink flower, a fire hydrant, a book with a bear on it, and the school mascot. 8/23 Monday: My first born is heading off to big-kid school. I didn't get any great photos this morning because it was so dark and cloudy, or Will was being silly. Before he knew I was taking pictures, I snapped this one. Although he looks tough in his pirate shirt, his brow was furrowed like it does when he is nervous. He enjoyed school today, though, and I hope the joy continues. 8/24
 Tuesday: This morning Ben, Jon, and Maddie woke up early enough to wave good-bye to Daddy and Will. Unfortunately, they were quite upset that they didn't get to go to school, too, so we went inside and played school most of the morning. We read lots of books and colored and had a morning snack -- no different than normal, but they were happy that we called it "school." 8/25Wednesday: Another morning in the window. After saying goodbye to Daddy and Will, we came inside and opened the windows for some fresh air. Not long after, the trash truck made its rounds and Maddie, Jon, and Ben were so excited to watch the big truck eat the trash. 8/26Thursday: Some of our little ones did not nap like they were supposed to, but it wasn't their fault. Today was "meet the teacher" at the mother's day out program, and the school (unwisely) planned it from 1:00-2:00 when all little kids should be napping. They enjoyed the hour with their new teachers and are so excited to get to go back. We still have rough afternoons since Will is very grumpy when he gets home from school. I guess its the combination of us being gone so long, new sleep schedules, and all the excitement of school starting. I really hope it all calms down. 8/27Friday: The morning good-byes have become routine so quickly. Although the first couple days this week, the triplets were sad to see Will go, today, they hugged him, told him to have a nice day, then went to the porch to wave. 8/28 Saturday: Earlier this week, Will asked if we could go to IHOP for smiley face pancakes. Allen and I convinced him we could make them better at home on the weekend, so the kids got to start their days with these clown faced pancakes. It was a nice, relaxing Saturday, trying to get back into a routine after a long trip. 8/29

No comments:

Post a Comment