Sunday: Nana and Papa came for a visit today. Allen and the kids met them at the zoo in the morning while I stayed home and cleaned house and did all the things that need to be done before a trip. It's so much easier to do things without all the distractions. They came home for lunch, the guys went out in the afternoon, and Shelley and I talked and worked on the jumbalaya for dinner. Photo is of Jon(L) and Ben(R) feeding a bird on Papa's shoulder. 8/2
Monday: Today I printed all the letters the kids will get to read while we are gone. I printed instructions for taking care of the kids, the cats, and for getting us around some of the places we will be visiting. The kids took a really short nap or none at all, so the afternoon was full of crankiness. Here is a picture of Ramses, who seemed to keep getting under my feet all day. 8/3
Tuesday: This morning was full of hugs, cuddles, and kisses. My friend and her two kids came over for a short visit, but all the kids enjoyed the change of pace and new playmates. They left just before lunch. Jon is giving me his "cheese" smile in the picture. 8/4
Wednesday: Will has been spelling and reading a lot lately. Here he is at the refrigerator as I made dinner. A (cow) MOOD. 8/5
Thursday: I spent most of the day trying to fit everything in different suitcases. I made lists and crossed things off. I am hoping I don't forget anything, but we will survive if I do. I got all the clothes cleaned so we won't have additional laundry when we get home. Here is Maddie in the hallway -- she spread her blanket out and kissed her baby good-night. Somehow, I tip-toed around the doll for awhile before I asked her to get it out of the way. She is such a sweet little mama to those dolls. 8/6
Friday: We took the dog to the kennel, filled up the car with gas, loaded it with luggage and kids, then hoped they'd nap on the way to Waco. I had to take this peaceful picture for those days I wonder if it's even possible. At least on this occassion, they all slept at the same time and the drive was rather pleasant. 8/7
Saturday: At the moment I took this, I was saying to myself "take a deep breath, it will be okay, don't cry, you'll see them again, they'll be okay, I'll be okay, deep breath, keep driving, we'll be having a great time really soon, don't cry." Allen and I drove away from the kids, but they all came out to wave. I will definitely miss them, but I was struggling to not focus on that or I would cry. Mom and Aunt Ann are with them in the garage. Allen and I had lunch in Dallas with his parents, then we got on the airplane around 4:30 pm for a very long flight. 8/8
No comments:
Post a Comment