The update

The update

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Week of Sept. 6, 2009















Sunday: This morning we went to church -- the second week in a row. Will sat next to me and copied the words from my sermon sheet while we listened. He asked me to get him a real Bible instead of the storybook so that he can look up the passages, too. His Sunday school teacher said she would get one for him that is like the ones the other kids in the class have, and he was happy about that. 9/6

Monday: Oh Man!! Ben's only been to church twice and nowhere else, so why is he already sick with fever and cough? Jon's started last night, and today, Maddie's nose started oozing. I'm not ready for this yet. 9/7

Tuesday: The three toddlers bathed themselves and each other this morning. . . thinking they were helping? I don't know, but it was in a mud-puddle and it took three baths for each ot them to get them clean (by my standards). Seriously? Shampooing with mud sounds like a great idea, Mom! Now I need to scrub my tub, too. Two toddlers didn't nap, they woke the third, and the fourth needs a major mood-makeover (which means I do too.) 9/8 Wednesday: Whoo Hoo. Today was the first MY day I've had in a long, long, long. . .time. Will was at school and the three toddlers all went to mother's day out AT THE SAME TIME! First the eye doc, then a romantic lunch with Allen, then I headed to the bookstore to browse for a while. I picked the triplets up at 2 and it's been insane ever since. Now to decide if two "breaks" a month are worth the stuff that follows. I am so overwhelmed right now. The day ended okay -- the picture is of all four kids gathered around to wash the dishes. Ben and Maddie are on the stook, Jon's monkey-toes are climbing the dishwasher and Will is nearest the camera. 9/9Thursday: Ben and Jon were at MDO today, and I had a delightful tea-party lunch with Maddie. She was so excited to have her own teacup with real tea. 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment